Multi Engine Training
Information About the Training
Our multi-engine add-on course is designed to equip FAA certificated pilots with all of the skills essential for safe operation of multi-engine aircraft. The course features King Schools’ Integrated Flight Training system utilizing the King Interactive multimedia Computer-Based Instruction system. Upon successful completion you will have a multi-engine rating with instrument privileges.
- The aerodynamics of single-engine flight in a twin
- Why it is important to “raise the dead” when you have an engine failure
- What a twin-engine airplane can do on one engine—and what it can’t
- How to maintain control while getting max performance on one engine
- How to deal with an engine failure on takeoff
- How to handle emergencies you might encounter (even a few you may never have thought about)
- Commercial Pilot License (Airplane Single Engine)
- FAA medical certificate
- Passport/Birth certificate (TSA approval if not US Citizen)
About our Facility and Planes
SunState Aviation has over 16,000 sq. ft. state of the art training center and a fleet of 11 training aircraft. These aircraft include Cessna 172S, Garmin G1000 Glass Cockpit, Traffic Avoidance Radar, Weather Radar, and more.
In this phase, you will gain an understanding of the aerodynamics, performance and special considerations involved with multiengine airplanes. You will start by learning to taxi an airplane where the thrust is not attached to the airplane centerline.
In this Phase you will learn to manage engine failures under various phases of flight and learn the very important balance between performance and control of a multi-engine aircraft experiencing and engine failure.
This phase addresses unique considerations of multi-engine instrument flight including single-engine instrument approaches and performance planning.
You will build skills and experience in flight planning, navigation, and decision making.
Completes the course of training with review and preparation for the FAA Practical Test or 141 End-of-Course exam as appropriate.