- 21 DAY COURSE
- Phenomenal 90+% Success Rate!!!*
- Interview for a full-time Flight Instructor position upon completion of the CFI and CFI-I courses!
This CFI course is designed to take a holder of at least a Commercial Pilot single or multi engine airplane certificate to completion of the Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating in just 21 days. Expand your career horizons as a professional pilot. Build your hours and get paid for it!
The estimate below gives you an itemized estimation of ALL of the costs involved with this training course. Keep in mind that this is an estimate, not a “one size fits all” package deal. Your actual costs will vary, simply because everyone is different with different learning styles and past experiences.
SunState Aviation’s No Non-Sense Pricing
No Hidden Charges or Fuel Surcharges
Certified Flight Instructor Pricing
• 10 Hours of Complex Single-Engine Aircraft Dual Instruction at $328 per hour = $3280
• 2 Hours of Cessna 172 Dual Instruction at $248 per hour = $496
• 1.5 Hours of Complex Single Engine Aircraft Rental For Check-Ride – $374
• 35 Hours of Ground Instruction (one-to-one instruction and small group sessions) at $74 per hour = $2590
• Spin Training/Endorsement – 1hr Flight. 1hr Ground = $350
• FAA Written Exams (fundamentals of instructing & Certified Flight/Ground Instuctor). 2@ $150 Each = $300
• Books & Shipping (See ‘Required Reading’ below. All books available in our Pilot Shop). = $200
• Pilot examiner’s fee = $750
TOTAL = $8340
Other Related Expenditures;
- Application Fee: $45
- Aircraft Renters’ Insurance: $215
- Charts and Other Dated Materials: $50
Let us book your hotel accommodations for a little as $39.95 per room/night.
Looking to finance your flight training? Browse our lending options.
- Holder of an FAA Commercial Pilot certificate.
- Current FAA medical certificate.
- At least 10 hours of recent flight time.
- All Required Reading completed.
- Prepared to pass the CFI (FIA) written exam and the Fundamentals Of Instructing (FOI) written exam prior to arrival.
We strongly recommend a thorough study of the materials listed below prior to your scheduled course. These materials may be purchased through our online pilot store or at most local pilot shops.
- Advanced Pilot Flight Manual by William K Kershner
- Aviation Weather and Weather Services
- Practical Test Standards for Private Pilot ASEL
- Practical Test Standards for Commercial Pilot ASEL
- Aviation Instructor’s Handbook – 8083-9
- Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge – 8083-25
- Airplane Flying Handbook – 8083-3A
- Private Pilot Oral Exam Guide
- Commercial Pilot Oral Exam Guide
- Certified Flight Instructor Oral Exam Guide
- Flight Instructor for ASEL and Sea Practical Test Standards
- Advisory Circulars listed in the Flight Instructor Practical Test Standard book (download)
All of these materials are available from SunState Aviation Flight Shop. To order call 800-941-4359.